thebeerwarriors.com

Welcome to The Beer Warriors Gaming Community

It is currently 22 May 2018, 12:08

All times are UTC

Forum rules

All posts in this forum are moderated before they appear. This means your post will not be visible until an admin or moderator has approved it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 20:20 
TBW Member

Steam Friends: Spriteish
Xbox Live: iRage Sprite
hawkeye wrote:
i'd say no given his attitude on our public server. votekicking people he can;t kill is not appreciated.

Erm tbh..I couldn't kill him because of the lag.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 20:28 
TBW Member

erm tbh ... jak didnt have any problems

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 20:31 
TBW Member

Sprite wrote:
hawkeye wrote:
i'd say no given his attitude on our public server. votekicking people he can;t kill is not appreciated.

Erm tbh..I couldn't kill him because of the lag.

sprite you do know, that people dont choose to lag right? :pat:

Quote:
Attitude? I wouldn't say that..

But when people are lagging and I dont like it, i think i have the right to votekick.

everyone has the right to play, sprite, laggy or not. and votekicking them because of that... is just pathetic... i had to put up with bullshit cuz of it, i really dont wanna see others be treated the same

Last edited by Semper_Eadem on 27 Oct 2007, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 20:36 
TBW Member

If somebody is lagging, that doesn't automatically give you the right to votekick them. If they're lagging, then tough titties, they're lagging and votekicking them isn't going to solve it. TBW isn't a Gestapo unit; the Public server is just that, public. If we kick somebody because they're lagging, then that's going to put other new players to the server in an awkward position, as they won't want to put a foot out of line "In case the members get angry".

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 09:48 
TBW Member

The Supernaturalist wrote:
TBW isn't a Gestapo unit

o rly?

hawkeye wrote:
and just cuz i'm not on the server does not mean i can;t see what is going on sprite. dave to confirm check logs for 27th oct around 20:40

Atleast somebody is watching our every move :ugh:

On a serious note, if you talk about attitude on the public server I wonder how others (don't want to mention names, but I do think you all know who I am talking about) do get a nod, and no opposition at all, or atleast not so clearly stated on the forums.
To me the wrong attitude is not only about votekicking some1. (not that I agree about you votekicking laggy persons, that is just not done sprite, bad boy :nono: )

But this is just my opinion, feel free to disagree

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 10:31 
TBW Global Mod

because its been my fault that i've not commented on others. i'm paying more attention to players now and will be watching.

TBW is not a gestapo unit. but the admins will pull people up for unsociable play. matches are matches but public is supposed to be fun for everyone. people can;'t help their connections or pc's, if someone is laggin get an admin tocheck they ain;t got daft rates, anything over that you'll have to put up with.

i keep an eye on all comments i see, so no matter who is snapping i may be watching. keep that in mind and try to keep it friendly.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 11:04 
TBW Member

I know TBW is not a gestapo unit, that was just a joke (hence the "on a serious note" remark)

I totally agree with the way TBW handles its things and the being a good sport mentality thats going on on the public.

-edit- I stand corrected -edit-

To me his attitude doesn't come over as a unfriendly bastard(which is a different kind than the Bastard you all know that is me :cool:), ok maybe a bit trigger happy on the votekick ( Sprite, do you have that on a bind-key or somethin?) but that can be easily changed by asking him not to do that anymore?

But again thats my opinion and I will quit with this argument cause frankly I don't care if he gets in or not, don't even like the guy :gtfoslap: ( nah just kiddin, Sprite you a good lad)

Last edited by Jisatsu on 28 Oct 2007, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 11:25 
TBW Member

Jisatsu wrote:
( Sprite, do you have that on a bind-key or somethin?)

:rofl: :bowrofl: :rofl:

but seriously, public is just for fun, and not to get too worked up about. in matches i can understand frustration, but at the end of the day, (im gunna get flamed for this im sure) its just a game..

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 13:03 
TBW Member

Steam Friends: g_crumpen
hawkeye wrote:
i keep an eye on all comments i see, so no matter who is snapping i may be watching. keep that in mind and try to keep it friendly.

o noes, big brother is watching!

good luck on getting in mr sprite :)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 14:56 
TBW Member

Steam Friends: Spriteish
Xbox Live: iRage Sprite
Okay okaaay :tear: ... My bad.
I shouldn't have votekicked him i guess, maybe I was in a dickish mood..I duno, Im sorry.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next